Monday, August 17, 2009

Tired Tired Tired

So yeah....not that we had any sort of a crazy weekend or anything, but I'm pooped! Friday after work we met at the grocery, did a little bit of food shopping, and then headed home for a dinner of leftovers. We hung out, watched a little tv, and went to bed extremely early because....


SATURDAY we got up at 6:20am! I have decided to join Junior League, and had to be there at 8am, and hubby decided to go to bible study with my dad at 7am! Needless to say, by the time I got home at 1 I was so incredibly tired. But no time to rest....hubbys cousin had dropped off her daughter for a while, so she played with the dogs and watched tv (such a good well behaved kid...seriously...the best) hubby and I enjoyed our lunch, and then cleaned and I made some cookies. Then later on that afternoon we had some of my cousins over for the FIRST OFFICIAL COUSINS COOKOUT. :) It was a good time. Everybody brought something, and we just hung out. It was just really nice to not have anything structured and to just get to sit and enjoy visiting with everyone who was able to make it. After they all left, I took a shower and was ready for bed seriously at like 7:30, but we had our neighbors over, and wound up not getting into bed until 10. I was like let's sleep in tomorrow.


Apparently sleeping in means 7am, because that is what time I woke up on Sunday. Then my head hurt, I couldn't fall back asleep, hubby was up by 7:30, so we got up and got the puppies up, and started to get ready for the day. Well..I say that, hubby mowed the lawn, and I watched tv all morning. I just couldn't get myself motivated to do anything because I was so tired, but I knew if I fell back asleep I would be useless for the afternoon because I would be GRUMPY. So we watched tv, and then left the house at 2:30 to go to his company picnic. It was down at Slugger Field. It was just ok. The company was good...food not so much. Fortunately, hubby's brother and his partner had invited us over for dinner last night. That was a good time. We had some fantastic food, and even better company :) By the time we left there we wound up getting home a little before 10! We were going to let the dogs sleep with us, but they kept barking so back in their room they went!


So that's our weekend in a nutshell....nothing horribly exciting, definitely fun, and definitely short. Yesterday morning was rough...hard to wake up, and apparently it was also hard for the dogs because they were pooped!!
I'll talk to you later!!

No comments:

Post a Comment