Friday, April 30, 2010

25 WEEKS!

YOUR BABY: MONTH 6

Let your spouse put an ear to your belly -- he might be able to pick up baby's heartbeat (no stethoscope required). Inside the womb, the formation of tiny capillaries is giving baby a healthy pink glow. Baby's also soaking up your antibodies, getting the immune system ready for life outside the womb. Eyes are forming, and baby will soon perfect the blink -- perfect for batting those freshly grown lashes.


WEEK 25 OF PREGNANCY

As baby prepares to take his first breath, pesky hemorrhoids may make you swear under yours.

Your baby is growing by leaps and bounds, reaching nine inches in length and passing the pound and a half mark. Under his skin, capillaries are forming and filling with blood and by week's end, air sacs (also lined with capillaries) will develop in his lungs, getting them ready for that first breath. Mind you, those lungs aren't ready for prime time just yet - but they are developing surfactant, a substance that will help them expand after birth. And speaking of breathing, your baby's tiny nostrils, which have been plugged up until now, are starting to open, and his vocal chords are getting ready to roar.


WOW! Once again, I am amazed at how much baby boy is going to grow and change in the next week. We had another doctors visit this week, so got to hear his little heart beat again. :) Such an amazing sound. He has been moving more and more, and because he is getting bigger and bigger hubby can feel him pretty much all the time now. Which I'm so glad about because he was really feeling left out of all the "fun". :) Baby boy still has no name, and is still measuring about 2 weeks early. So the doctor said we'll continue to watch, and if he keeps at this pace, then we'll have another ultrasound to check things out and make sure he's not getting TOO BIG....lord......
Here's my stats! Have a great week!!

HOW FAR ALONG: 25 Weeks

TOTAL WEIGHT GAIN / LOSS: 16 lbs GAIN! Having my glucose test next doctors visit....she said my weight was okay, I just need to continue eating lots of fruits and veggies, and try not to eat so much JUNK....but donuts are my weakness.....

MATERNITY CLOTHES: Yup still wearin 'em! I need more....I wear like the same 5 or 6 shirts to work during the week. I'm sure they're starting to get sick of them already!

STRETCH MARKS: None new that I've noticed! WOOHOO!!

SLEEP: Still waking up often in the night....of course there's my nightly potty break, and anytime baby boy decides it's party time I tend to wake up too. Wish he liked to party during the daytime.

BEST MOMENTS LAST WEEK: Hearing my sons heartbeat again. It never gets old. :)

MOVEMENT: ALL THE TIME! I think he must really like green apples, because I've eaten one just about every single day this week, and afterwards he goes CRAZY.

FOOD CRAVINGS: Donuts....same 'ol same 'ol....and McDonald's french fries....but I can live without those....I don't know that I could make it a week without donuts. Isn't that so sad??

GENDER: B-O-Y

LABOR SIGNS: None yet thank goodness!

BELLY BUTTON IN OR OUT: Still technically in! Which is weird...it's getting flatter and flatter though. ;)

WHAT I MISS: Being able to roll over in bed and not ache. It's like every time I move too fast I get pains in my belly because of my little basketball in there not moving as quickly as the rest of me. LOL!

WHAT I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO: Hmm...Well, not my baby related, but I'm getting a niece today. :) So that's super exciting. She and baby boy will be best buds I'm sure.

MILESTONES: Over half way there....it's insane to think that my son will be here in less than 15 weeks! Well, more like 15 weeks or less. :) Kinda like a pizza....30 minutes or less or it's free....now if only the labor and delivery were free......


No comments:

Post a Comment