Friday, April 23, 2010

Shocked

So yes, I know you are expecting my weekly update, and I'll be posting that a little bit later....but first, I just wanted to say a few things. There are several blogs that I follow...I read all of their updates, no matter how short and sweet or long and lingering. Some of the writers of the blog I know personally, and see out and about town. Others I have never met, but I feel I have become involved in each of these peoples lives. I have gone through one woman's struggle with her husband as he returned from Afghanistan. They had some major troubles, financially, emotionally.....they just went through a divorce a couple of months ago, but were on the way to repairing their relationship so they could always remain friends. Well, I saw on her blog this morning that he has passed away. It's weird to think of myself as being so upset about the death of someone that I have never even met. But like I said, I am emotionally invested in each blog that I read....

It is weird to think that we live in a world where people can connect on so many different levels, yet not be able to pick a person out of a crowd. I wouldn't be able to pick this man out of 3 different men....yet I mourn his loss. I just ask that you all keep her in your prayers today, and tell everyone in your life how much they mean to you. You just never know....

No comments:

Post a Comment