Friday, April 16, 2010

23 WEEKS!!

WOW.....hard to believe another week has gone by. Here is this week's update :)

Baby is getting (a little) plumper, but Mommy may notice something completely different when she glances at her own belly: the linea nigra.


YOUR BABY IN WEEK 23 OF PREGNANCY

Your little doll-sized babe is about to chub up a bit. His saggy skin will start to fit his frame as fat deposits fill things out. Beginning this week, he'll start to pack on the pounds (which means you will too!) and by month's end he'll be double the weight he is now (though you won't be--WHEW!). Right now, your baby's organs and bones are visible through his skin, which has a red hue due to developing veins and arteries beneath. But once those fat deposits settle in, he'll become less transparent.
So not a whole lot that's new to report this week. I am still feeling great, I'm eating like a nut job....so I need to start making healthier choices...I don't want to double my weight this month like baby boy! Yes, I said baby boy. Still no name for my little man. We are actually back to square 1. No names at all. Yes people that's right....we have actually gone backwards. Thought we had it narrowed down to 2, and now we're back at 0. Who knew this would be that hard?!?!
One exciting thing yesterday the girls at my office had a small "shower" for me. So that was fun and exciting. Got some ADORABLE hand made cloth books, and a fantastic gift card to Babies R Us....that will definitely come in handy. :) Tomorrow afternoon is my first "official" baby shower. I'm super excited. It's a New York Chic shower. I still have to find the shoes I want to wear in my closet....but other than that I am good to go. :) SO EXCITED!! :)
Well, I guess that's all for now. Hope you have a great weekend, and I'll talk to you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment