Friday, April 2, 2010

21 Weeks!

WHOA! 21 weeks...I am now on the downhill of this part of life called pregnancy. So hard to believe! Here is what's going on with no name baby this week!!

Your Baby: Week 21
Baby gulps down several ounces of amniotic fluid every day, both for hydration and nutrition and to practice swallowing and digesting. And, these days, those taste buds actually work! Studies show that after birth, babies are most interested in tastes they've already experienced through amniotic fluid. Meaning, think about what you want your future child to eat as you prepare your own lunch!

Week 21 of Pregnancy

Your baby is grazing on whatever you are right now, but those stretch marks are yours alone, Mom.
How big is your baby? About the size of a large banana - and speaking of bananas, if you eat one this week, there's a good chance your baby will get a taste, too. That's because he swallows a bit of amniotic fluid each day (for nutrition, hydration, and to practice digesting), so he eats whatever's on your menu. In other (not so welcome) news, you may start to notice some stretch marks as your body expands and your belly and breasts just keep on growing. These pink, red, or purple streaks appear when the supporting tissue under your skin gets torn as skin stretches (and stretches and stretches) during pregnancy. Not every woman gets them, though you're a likely candidate if your mom had stretch marks during her pregnancy or if you've gained weight rapidly.
HOW FAR ALONG: 21 Weeks!!
TOTAL WEIGHT GAIN/LOSS: Oh I'm so embarrassed.....I gained 6lbs this MONTH! Putting my total weight gain to 11lbs. Time to cut out those cupcakes!
MATERNITY CLOTHES: Yes. I am actually going out shopping for more today. It's amazing how much MORE pregnant I look when I am in something that is actually maternity. Like these 2 dresses I got from a friend of mine....tried them on and hubby was like OH wow! LOL!
STRETCH MARKS: I haven't noticed anything new....but after reading my 21 week post I'm thinking perhaps I should take a closer look!
SLEEP: I am sleeping through the night SOMETIMES...but the second I wake up I have to rush to the potty.
BEST MOMENTS LAST WEEK: Watching my son on the ultrasound monitor. I tell you what...there is nothing like it. He was wiggling and moving around like crazy. Hubby said it was as if he had add....but really....(I had a caffeinated iced tea on the way to the appt.) I just wanted to make sure he'd show us his goods. :)
MOVEMENT: LOTS more movement now. In the mornings after I wake up and use the restroom he moves around like CRAZY! And also after I eat.
FOOD CRAVINGS: Nothing really specific. I had a B-A-D one last week for cupcakes. And we didn't have any. So I was going to buy some mix and make some....and then hubby had some delivered to my office! So incredibly sweet. I cried. LOL!
GENDER: B-O-Y!!
LABOR SIGNS: None yet
BELLY BUTTON IN OR OUT: Still in....but it doesn't look the same. It's definitely on it's way out.
WHAT I MISS: I miss my old jeans.....I miss not feeling fat.....but it's all worth it when he moves. :)
WHAT I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO: Finally deciding on a name!!
MILESTONES: OVER HALF WAY THERE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment