Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Weekends that you Never want to end....

So, I meant to blog yesterday, but everytime I sat down to "chat" something would come up...phone ringing, or something needing to be sent out UPS at work or something of that nature. So here I am on a lovely rainy gloomy Tuesday morning about to tell you all about my very exciting weekend. :) I'm sure you're stoked.

First, my weekend started Friday evening after work by driving to our house! It is under construction, and we should be able to close on April 7! Hard to believe it is only 2 months away....8 weeks from today! YIKES!! So they had done a lot of work the past few days. All of the drywall was up, so it actually looks like a house on the inside now. It's funny that without walls all of the rooms looked so incredibly small, yet now that the drywall is up they look HUGE! Especially the bonus room above the garage...it seems gargantuan. Seriously...very large.

After I left the house I went back home (for those of you that don't know me, my husband and I have been living in my parents basement since OCTOBER!). I let the dogs out and got them fed. When Geoff got home (husband) he worked on getting my dad's new stereo thingy all hooked up. So I got to chill out in the basement watching all the shows I had dvr'd last week. Sounds boring, but it was absolutely perfect. Then we ordered in pizza and just hung out the two of us and went to bed early. An absolutely perfect evening.

Saturday morning I got up early, played with the dogs and got them fed and ready. Geoff had to go into work, but luckily I had plans! I had an all day girls event with my best friend Erica and another one of our close friends Amanda. Now, for those of you that don't know the situation, Amanda, Erica, and I were SUPERCLOSE in high school and most of the way through college. Then some things happened that created not so much a strain, but definitely some distance. So we began to not hang out anymore. It was horrible. So with all the wedding stuff last year, of course I contacted Amanda about coming and getting together and all that jazz. Then, we FINALLY heard from her...and what a busy year she had! She became a mommy!! SO...Saturday was our first girls day. It was awesome. We had so much freakin fun. Seriously...it was crazy. We started the morning with breakfast at Toast on Market. None of us had ever been there, and let me just tell you...the food was fantastic. So if you ever need a place for a nice breakfast and you want somewhere different you should definitely check it out. I recommend calling ahead to get your name on the list. We got luck with just a 15 minute wait, but I've heard it can get up to as long as 2 hours! So, we spent probably close to 2 hours at Toast just talking and laughing and playing with Vincent (the baby). It was great. As if time hadn't passed at all.

After that we headed over to Oxmoor to walk and talk and window shop. While we were there I got a phone call from my wedding photographer that our album was in!! So after leaving Oxmoor Erica and I ran by her condo in the Highlands to pick up some tools (it's for sale) and then we got the album!! It is fantastic and I'm so very grateful that we got one.

Saturday night we went out with my brothers-in-law to celebrate their 6 YEAR anniversary. We went to a restaurant called Mojito over off Brownsboro road. It was absolutely fantastic. I cannot wait to go back there. All of the portions are small, so we ordered I feel like 1 of just about everything on the menu. We ate and drank and laughed and had a great time. I highly recommend that restaurant. After all the booze and food it ended up only costing $25/person! Which was insanely cheap I thought for all that we had gotten. And if you do in fact go, you HAVE to get the Tres Chocolate dessert. Unbelievable. After we left Mojito, we ran over to a friends house for about an hour and then went home and passed out. We were both completely exhausted.

Sunday we got up early and cleaned cleaned cleaned. My parents are getting new windows in their basement (where we are currently living) so we had to make sure all of our stuff was put away, and get any and everything near a window moved out into the living space. It looks like someone's house threw up in the basement...probably our house since it's mostly our stuff! I swear, a person never knows how much stuff they accumulate until they move. It's ridiculous.

Sunday afternoon I went to a babyshower for my friend Erica. It was a good time, and baby Jack got some GREAT gifts. After the babyshower I went back home, helped with dinner, watched some shows stayed up way too late and went to bed.

So, there's my weekend in a nutshell. Might not seem like much, but it's the small things in life isn't it? They always make things better. :)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for reading! I read yours too! I loooooove mojitos!! Its one of my fav restaurants in Louisville.