Friday, May 21, 2010

Week 28!

Week 28 of Pregnancy
Your baby has started blinking and dreaming while you may be dreaming that the pain in your derriere will disappear!


Your baby is settling into the proper position for birth, with his head facing downward (toward your body's nearest exit!). Your little work in progress is now about 2.5 pounds and almost 16 inches long. He's busy adding new skills such as blinking to an already impressive repertoire of tricks like coughing, sucking, hiccuping, and taking practice breaths. Your baby's sleep now includes the REM (rapid eye movement) phase -- and that means he could be dreaming already (what do you suppose he's dreaming about?). Though his lungs are nearly fully mature (so both of you might breathe a little easier if he were born now), your baby still has plenty of growing to do.
Man alive....I am suffering from some serious back pain! Seriously....I have to use the heating pad every single night, and yesterday, I kept one of those heat patches on my lower back ALL day long. Ben is still moving around all over the place all the time. Last night he even moved so hard that my ice cream mug I had resting on my stomach almost fell off! That was pretty humorous....guess I'll have to hang on to that handle from now on. :) We go to the doctor on Monday, so next week's update will have much more info.....I have my glucose test Monday too....and my Rhogam shot. I have A- blood....so I get a shot! YAY! :P
Hope you have a great weekend and I'll talk to you soon!! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment