Friday, March 12, 2010

18 Weeks!!

Your fetus has become amazingly mobile (at least compared to you), passing the hours yawning, hiccuping, rolling, twisting, kicking, punching, sucking and swallowing. And baby's finally big enough that you'll be able to feel those movements soon!


You might start to feel your baby moving around anytime now, which is a great way to take your mind off your bothersome back!

Oh, my aching back! If you've uttered those words more than once this week, here's why: Your uterus, now about the size of a cantaloupe, is causing your body's center of gravity to shift, pulling the lower back forward and pushing the abdomen out. On top of all that, joint-loosening pregnancy hormones are wreaking havoc on your muscles and ligaments, adding up to one big ouch! But while your pregnancy back pain has got you tied up in knots, your baby's getting ready to bust a move. At five and a half inches long and five ounces in weight, he now may be large enough for you to feel him twisting, rolling, kicking and punching his way around the womb. Plus, he's developing yawning and hiccuping skills (you may feel those soon, too!) and his very own unique set of toe and fingerprints.
WOW! So much going on this week. I am anxiously awaiting being able to feel our little one moving about in my tummy. I am really starting to show now. And, in 2.5 weeks we find out if it's a boy or a girl. I am so excited about that I can hardly stand it. In case you can't tell from my prior posts. :) I'm pretty sure I am constantly driving the people in my office crazy! I can't help it. I feel crazy! This week I started not being able to go back to sleep when I get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom. SO...I had to stop getting up so many times. I typically wake up around 2...and I make myself roll over and go back to sleep, and then I wake up sometime between 5 and 6:30 about to bust! LOL!! So I have to hurry out of bed and run into the bathroom. And then once that happens I sit awake and "daydream" about our sweet baby. I can't wait to finally be able to hold him or her in my arms and snuggle them and love on them. We are just so truly blessed.
I guess that's all for now. More updates next week! Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment