Friday, February 26, 2010

WEEK 16!

Week 16 of Pregnancy

Your baby's eyesight (and eyelashes!) is developing rapidly, but all you might be seeing in the mirror these days is a body that looks depressingly bulky.

It's hard to watch yourself gain weight during pregnancy, even when you know there's a wonderful reason for it. The challenge, though, is to try to embrace your body's new shape and think of every pound you put on as a sign of good health for you and your baby. As long as you eat right during pregnancy (minimize junk and maximize nutrient-dense foods) and get regular exercise, you'll be fine in the long run. Remember, every woman is different and gains (and loses) at her own pace. One way to show your changing shape some love this week and feel better about yourself in the process: Buy a garment (or accessory) that makes you feel pretty at your new size (and don't forget to buy underwear that fits!).

Hey, your baby's bulking up too! They now weigh in at a whopping three to five ounces, and are four to five inches in length! The tiny muscles, especially the ones on the back, are gaining strength, so they can straighten out a little more. And those eyes are finally working, making small side-to-side movements and perceiving light (although the eyelids are still sealed) PEEK-A-BOO!


Watch what you say...tiny bones forming in baby's ears mean the little one can now pick up your voice. Eyebrows, lashes and hair are starting to fill in, and taste buds are forming. And, if you're interested, an ultrasound might be able to determine gender!
OH MY GOSH MY BABY CAN HEAR ME!! I cried when I read that. SO exciting. :) Guess no more dropping the f* bomb for me. :) haha! We go back to the doctor Tuesday. So, next week I'll be able to post all of my stats. Like how much weight I've gained. ha!
We did have a milestone last Friday after work though....I was walking up the driveway with the mail, and hubby looked at me with this goofy grin on his face. I was like what? Do I have something on me?? No no....he said...you just are starting to look pregnant. Talk about a sweet way to tell your wife she's getting fat. :) LOL! But it was genuine, and he had this look of wonderment and awe on his face. I have also noticed that I am starting to eat more. Which may or may not be a good thing. haha! Fortunately, the sweets are still turning my stomach. It was my dad's birthday this week, and I had a piece of ice cream cake, and this baby does not like sweets. I was so sick that night. So, sweets for me are fruits and veggies. I have also been craving hot and spicy things. For example, I met a friend for lunch the other day, and we had some salsa and it was REALLY spicy...and I couldn't get enough of it. I've also been eating Hot Tamales at work all week. We got 2 boxes at the grocery, and I brought one to the office with me, and the other I'm taking to the lake this weekend. :) YUM!
Well, I guess that's all I have for now. I'll post my stats next week after our visit. I'm so excited to get to hear the heartbeat again....and then in 4 weeks WE'LL KNOW! I can't even believe that a mere 4 weeks from now I'll be 1/2 way through with my pregnancy. It's just amazing to me. Time is literally flying right past me.
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment