Friday, February 19, 2010

Week 15!! 176 days left!!!

Here is some information from my favorite baby sites on where I am in my pregnancy at this point. Well, at tomorrow anyways. :) So far the baby has been the size of various fruits and vegetables. Next week I think is avocado. :) LOL! This week we're havin an orange.


Continuing the march towards normal proportions, baby's legs now out measure the arms. And, finally, all four limbs have functional joints. Your fetus is squirming and wiggling like crazy down in the womb, though you probably still can't feel the movements.


You might not be feeling it, but your baby is kicking those little legs and flexing those elbows, while - higher up - you may be coping with some dental weirdness. Pregnancy hormones are pretty rough on your body, especially the teeth and gums, causing inflammation and making them more susceptible to plaque and bacteria. Your formerly healthy gums may have become super-sensitive and prone to bleeding. In addition, you might be coping with chronic stuffy nose or even nosebleeds during pregnancy, also brought on by progesterone surging through your system. Fear not - it'll all pass. In the meantime, focus on how much is happening with your baby. About the size of an orange this week, the ears have migrated to the sides of the head, and the eyes are moving to the front of the face. Plus, your little smarty-pants can now wiggle fingers and toes and make breathing movements in preparation for life outside the womb.

Wow...lots of information to take in! I have been having a lot of stuffy noses....and I have to blow my nose every morning....insane. I never used to have stuffy noses, and now they're chronic. Below are my "stats" thus far. :)
How far along: 15 weeks tomorrow. :)
Total weight gain/loss: As of my last appointment, +2lbs
Maternity Clothes: I have two pairs of regular pants that I can still fit in...I've started wearing 1 pair of maternity jeans.
Stretch Marks: I was just talking about that this morning....none on my tum tum....but plenty on my ta-tas....its so sad....
Sleep: Up in the middle of the night every night to pee. It's starting to get old....
Best Moment Last Week: um...I'm not feeling as tired as I was during my first trimester. So that is great news. :) And it seems my sex-drive is coming back.
Movement: Haven't felt any yet...though hubby swears he felt baby move yesterday....doubtful
Food Cravings: very weird and random...I was on a pop tart kick for a while, and last week I thought I was going to die if I didn't get a Krispy Kreme donut. Weird...
Gender: Find out March 30th! But everyone I know who is having a summer baby is having a boy....so we'll see!!
Labor Signs: nada
Belly Button in or out: in
What I miss: my regular pants. :(
What I am looking forward to: our appointment in two weeks when we get to hear baby's heartbeat again.
Milestones: FINISHED FIRST TRIMESTER! WOOHOO! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment