Friday, June 25, 2010

33 Weeks!!

YOUR BABY: MONTH 8
Baby's senses are continuing to improve -- when light peeks in through your (extremely) stretched belly, those tiny eyelids and irises blink and dilate. And, baby can now recognize and react to simple songs...time to start practicing your lullabies! Growth (at least inside your womb) is starting to slow, and you may notice baby descent into your pelvis at the end of this month!


WEEK 33 OF PREGNANCY

Your baby's immune system gets a boost, while his sleepless mommy could use a boost of energy!

Your baby is still gaining weight (about half a pound a week), and he could grow up to another full inch this week! With that much baby inside your uterus, your amniotic-fluid level has maxed out, which explains why some of his pokes and kicks feel pretty sharp these days. (There's less fluid to cushion the blows.) Antibodies are being passed from you to your little one as he continues to develop his own fetal immune system, which will come in handy once he's outside the womb and fending off all sorts of germs.
WOW! Once again I am completely amazed at all that is going on inside my body! I still say it's completely bizarre and weird. Quite frankly, Ben's movement has gotten so crazy I'm back to feeling like there is a little alien trying to escape my belly! At the doctors this week she felt around and said he is definitely head down! So hopefully he won't flip back around before the BIG DAY. :) Whenever that may be....I keep meaning to ask how my doctor feels about inducing...so that way I can have a "goal date" in mind. Of course hubby wants to "let nature take it's course". If looks could kill he would've dropped dead in that waiting room. ha! Well, I guess that's all I have for now...stats are below!
HOW FAR ALONG: 33 Weeks!
TOTAL WEIGHT GAIN/LOSS: 6lbs....again....
MATERNITY CLOTHES: Yup, still in 'em. I actually got some new ones thank goodness!
STRETCH MARKS: Oh yeah. Not really liking them, but there's little I can do about it at this point. :p
SLEEP: I'm not sleeping well. By the time I get comfortable and fall asleep....I have to get up to pee...and then the whole entire process starts all over.
BEST MOMENTS LAST WEEK: We can now not only feel Ben move, but you can see my stomach moving. It is so incredibly bizarre. So that is really neat.
MOVEMENT: All the time. Well, there were a few days this week when he wasn't AS active as he usually is, but I think he must have just worn himself out because he was still hitting his 10 movements in an hour really easily.
FOOD CRAVINGS: Donuts....and now oreos. Why I can't seem to crave salads or broccoli or something healthy I don't know....
GENDER: BOY OH BOY!!
LABOR SIGNS: I have started having Braxton Hicks contractions. NOT a good time. I have only had two close together once...and by close together I mean within two hours. Other than that I have like one in the morning, and then maybe not another one until the following day in the afternoon.
BELLY BUTTON IN OR OUT: Still in....very flat looking....but in...OH...and where my belly button used to be pierced looks absolutely bizarre. Really regretting that high school decision at this point. LOL!
WHAT I MISS: My regular bathing suits. :p I hate looking like a beached whale in my maternity suit. BLAH!
WHAT I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO: Why having this baby of course!! 7 MORE WEEKS!
MILESTONES: Started Braxton Hicks contractions, and am officially in my 8th month!!!
Have a great weekend!! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment