Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Crazy Weekend

Well...oh so many things to discuss on this lovely Tuesday morning. I guess I'll start where I left off....last Friday morning my hubby abandoned me to go visit a friend in Seattle. ;) I was SUPER nervous about staying by myself. I went into work as an everyday normal day...then I get a phone call, and my cousin has gone into labor with her first baby. (she was set to be induced the following day) Talk about excitement! I was very fortunate that my boss let me leave mid-afternoon so I could go and be there.

My cousin went into the hospital at 4am...I got to the hospital around 3:45pm, and was able to go back and see her right before they took her for a c-section. She was progressing, but the baby was...for lack of a better term...stuck. Then, at 4:22pm Friday May 8, we had our darling little baby girl. I use the term little loosely....at 10lbs 14oz, she's not exactly petite!! I was able to stick around so that I could go back and visit with her while she was in recovery.

After promising to come and visit the following day I had to scramble to get home! I was hosting girls night, and it was already a little after 6, people were coming at 7, pizza at 7:30, and I had to run to the grocery!! After what I consider a REALLY QUICK trip into the grocery I made it home literally with minutes to spare. As I was unloading the groceries my first guest arrived. It only ended up being 4 of us total, but it was enough to enjoy a good movie (Bride Wars), and good conversation. I did get into a HUGE FIGHT with the pizza people (PaPa Johns), but that is a whole different blog entry. :)

Saturday I woke up, went to get my haircut (no one knew I was going) and got it chopped off! I think he took off 6 to 7 inches. Needless to say, when I went back to the hospital my cousin and her fiance were like WHAT DID YOU DO?!?!? But they liked it, and I got to hold our sweet baby girl. Then I did some shopping with my mom, went back to the hospital...and headed home for my first night completely alone. With having girls night the evening before, I didn't feel so alone, because by the time my last guest left I was completely exhausted and fell straight to sleep. Well, word to the wise when your husband goes out of town, do not under any circumstance sit on the sofa with a bottle of wine and watch P.S. I Love You....B-A-D idea. I was a disaster. Cried like a big goob, and then couldn't get myself calmed down enough to go to sleep. It was pretty ridiculous. I then had to stay up until like 1 or 2am watching Knocked Up so that I could fall asleep. It was pretty ridiculous.

Sunday was Mother's Day. Brunch in the morning, cookout in the afternoon, and late into the night my hubby finally came home. :) I was such a happy girl, and he came home bearing gifts. My most favorite thing in the whole world is Starbuck's coffee. It's my most favorite. He went to the "original" starbuck's and brought me home a mug for home and a travel mug. I was very excited. So that's all for now I suppose. Hope all is well with you, and I'll talk to you soon! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment